It has been revealed that WINNER’s Mino will be releasing his first solo album sometime in November!
YG Entertainment has released a teaser poster, which shows a black-and-white image of Mino along with the album title “XX”.
— YG FAMILY (@ygent_official) October 26, 2018
This comes after Yang Hyun Suk posted a spoiler for Mino’s album on October 24. The YG Entertainment CEO explained that they were doing an additional shoot the new music video.
“Made a decision to do additional MV shoot for MINO’s new song as the results were not satisfactory!! .. Pulling an all-nighter together <Director Seo, Hyun Seung>”
At the time, many fans were skeptical about whether Mino’s solo album would really be released or not as it had been awhile since it was first announced.
- “Two months left till ONE YEAR you announced MINO SOLO. Should we celebrate the anniversary then?”
- “another day, still NO DATE FOR MINO”S ALBUM..i wonder what lies you will sew again this day to backup your “additional MV shoot for MINO’s new song as the results were not satisfactory”
- “SO WHEN IS THE ALBUM RELEASE THE DATE! UNTIL NOW YOU CAN’T RELEASE THE DATE?!?”
- “just release his long overdue album. Stop making these unnecessary excuses.. We’re so tired dealing with your broken promises, really!”
- “I WANT SONG MINO’S SOL ALBUM RELEASE DATE!!!!!! AS IN NOW! IM SO TIRED OF UR REPETITIVE LIES!!!!”
With an official announcement confirming the month of its release, however, the album is really coming soon and fans are super excited!
엉어어어어어어ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 감사드리고 기쁘고 막 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ눈물나고 ㅠㅠㅠㅠ 미노 솔로가 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ pic.twitter.com/I4ivc4Uaas
— 광주누나💕 (@gwangjununa) October 26, 2018
“Waahhhhh ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I’m like thankful and happy ㅠㅠㅠㅠ and teary-eyed ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Mino’s solo ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ”
대박이다 ㅜㅜㅜㅜ 너무 행복해요💙 pic.twitter.com/tsDf7MEhEO
— 💓쏵다쏭민호💓 (@stay_AllMiNO) October 26, 2018
“DaebakㅜㅜㅜㅜI’m so happy”
— 은요💙 (@eunyo_817) October 26, 2018
ㅠㅠㅠㅠ엉엉 너무 좋아요엉엉ㅠㅠㅠㅠ 오빠한테 모든걸 드릴 준비 됬어요😭😭😭😭😭😭💙 pic.twitter.com/bAjdYJFkIr
— 푸른별바라기 (@choe_jr21) October 26, 2018
“ㅠㅠㅠㅠI’m so happy ㅠㅠㅠㅠ I’m prepared to give oppa my all”
Although this is Mino’s first solo album, the talented artist had released numerous solo tracks in the past. He had previously gained attention from fans for his solo track called “I’M HIM” from WINNER’s debut album.
This was followed by his songs “Fear” and “Okey Dokey” from the hip-hop survival program, Show Me the Money Season 4.
In 2016, he released his first solo digital single, “BODY”.
And later, released another solo track “Turn Off the Light”, which was written and composed by Mino himself, from WINNER’s 2nd album in April 2018.
With so many hit songs already, it’s no wonder fans are so excited!