YouTuber Hey Jini has stepped up with her own personal apology in light of comedian Park Na Rae‘s sexual joke controversy.
Hey Jini was featured alongside Park Na Rae on the same episode of Hey Na Rae when the controversy occurred. Just a day ago, Park Na Rae became the center of intense backlash when she made several crude sexual jokes and gestures on a broadcast of Hey Na Rae.
While Hey Jini did not make any of the jokes herself, she took the time to apologize to her fans and followers on her Instagram page.
I am content creator, Kang Hye Jin. First of all, I sincerely apologize to those who were offended by my appearance in the controversial video.
As a creator of children’s videos, I appeared in a video that made my fans and viewers uncomfortable. I should have checked it more thoroughly, but I wasn’t more careful.
I sincerely apologize for making the viewers feel uncomfortable.
In the future, I will be try to be more careful in regards to my promotions. I apologize, once again to those who have been disappointed in me.
Fans have flocked to the YouTuber’s defense, claiming that she had no fault in the controversy.
- “Noona, you did nothing wrong. Park Na Rae was the one who did everything. In Korea, if you apologize easily, everyone will assume you actually did something wrong and without knowing all the details, they’ll start cursing you out.”
- “Be strong.”
- “Unnie, you didn’t even do anything wrong so why are you apologizing.”
- “It’s okay~ Please be strong Jini-nim. Just brush it off and hope for the best.”
- “Jini-nim please be strong. I will always support you.”
- “I know there’s nothing that can be done and I’m sure that situation was awkward, especially for Jini-nim who was there. Please be strong.”
- “Please be strong.”
In related news, it was recently reported that Hey Na Rae has been cancelled in light of the controversy.